Shipping Specialist – Kansas City, KS
At Medical Positioning, Inc. (an Altimate Medical Holding, Inc. company) we improve quality of life for end-users and clinicians who rely on our products every day.
We are currently searching for a Shipping Specialist to join our growing team. As a vital production team member your responsibilities will ensure that products are received on time. As a small, growing company, each team member is a valued contributor to company success.
Our innovative, dynamic, and collaborative company culture allows us to continually develop and deliver high-quality solutions, making MPI the leading provider of specialty imaging tables to the acute care market.
***$3,000 SIGN ON BONUS***
Location: Kansas City, KS
What We Offer
- Hands-on training and mentorship, designed to grow your industry knowledge and career trajectory
- Annual company teambuilding events
- Competitive incentive-based pay starting at $18.00 per hour + Quarterly company performance bonuses
- One Shift Operation, with flexibility on starting times
- Dress Code: Relaxed with rules to follow for safety.
- Quiet, Small team environment
- Individual workspace provided with one-on-one training amongst teammates
Competitive benefits consisting of:
- 401(k), 4% Match
- 2% Company profit sharing
- Health, Dental, Vision, Life and Short-Term Disability Insurance
- Company Paid Life Insurance + Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- 15 days PTO + Annual floating holidays + Paid Holidays = Start accruing PTO on first day of employment!
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Charitable donation matching programs
What You’ll Do
- Inspection of parts used for shipping
- Prepare and package finished good shipments
- Collaborate with leadership on improvements to reduce damaged
- Pick, test, package, ship and track parts and accessory orders
- Receive parts and finished products, maintaining accurate inventory records
- Operate equipment such as forklift safely and efficiently
- Assist in quality testing and product inspection
- Document activity, ensuring compliance and maintenance of product history
What You’ll Need
- A desire to learn more – as a Shipping Specialist you will participate in our hands-on training program
- Drive and adaptability – In an ever-evolving industry adapting our approach is essential to ensure our products are meeting end-user needs
- Mechanical Aptitude – Use hand tools to prepare products for shipping
- Ability to problem solve and identify process efficiencies and improvements – Our open-door policy encourages and benefits from ideas at all levels
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 1+ year of work experience with demonstrated mechanical aptitude
- Forklift experience preferred
- Experience working with power tools, banding pallets, crating, wrapping, and picking replacement part pulling
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination
- Required to take a criminal background check before hire date.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Ability to lift 50lbs. repeatedly
- Ability to bend and crouch while working with hand tools
- Repetitive use of hands and arms
- Ability to grasp and use hand tools including screwdrivers, wrenches, power tools
- Dexterity to work with small parts
Who We Are
Established in 1987, Altimate Medical Holding Inc. continues to lead the industry with innovative product development and a consultative client experience.
As a Granite Partners company, we believe in investing back into our company and our employees, offering substantial growth and career opportunities while maintaining our open and collaborative company culture.