Director of Product Development 2021-26
Altimate Medical is looking for a Director of Product Development to support it’s efforts in bringing life-changing solutions to the individuals and clinicians who rely on our products each and every day. With the power to improve lives and care delivery through the design and development of therapeutic standing equipment, shower/bath commode systems and chairs, Altimate Medical is committed to expanding our role in healthcare.
Together, we work to leverage the skills and talents of team members who are passionate about making a difference in the lives of others. As a Director of Product Development, you will provide hands-on engagement to lead day-to-day activities for all products associated with Altimate Medical (“AMI”) (Morton, MN) and ActiveAid (“AA”) (Redwood Falls, MN). The Director of Product Development oversees the full spectrum of the product development decisions to optimize investment, tradeoffs, and customer experience to deliver on AMI/AA business objectives. Having oversight of the AMI/AA development team of 9 engineers and techs, the Director of Product Development will work cross functionally to ensure systems, safety protocols, and processes are adhered to in order to deliver quality products.
NO VISA SPONSORSHIPS AT THIS TIME.
- Lead Product Development team in managing the operational aspects of ongoing projects, product changes/enhancements, new product development/prototypes and timelines.
- Manage strategies to decrease new product development cycle time and increase the innovation pipeline.
- Partner with business leaders to maximize AMHI’s competitive position, margin expansion, productivity gains, free cash flow, meet customer growth objectives and deliver world-class operational metrics.
- Manage projects within the portfolio and make commitments to meet specific business goals and objectives.
- Manage and track project budgets.
- Partner with cross functional teams to define, monitor and deliver solutions within the agreed upon timeline and cost.
- Manage and report on the status of projects against budgets and schedules. Proactively address roadblocks and issues.
- Ensure key project issues are addressed for all stakeholders.
- Actively gather and incorporate customer feedback and market analysis for future product development.
- Partner with Customer Service, Sales, Marketing, and other key stakeholders to ensure end products will solve business/end user problems.
- Prepare, facilitate, and lead successful product reviews and updates to senior leadership review teams.
- Maintain effective communication with business leaders, customers, and inside/outside/ sales representatives.
- Oversee Talent Management cycle from interviewing, selection, training, and development. Invest in team-member development and ensure the continued improvement in available technology.
- Actively engage internal/external customers to gain knowledge about product utilization and customer needs. Leverage knowledge gained and focused feedback internally for product enhancement.
- Partner with the CEO in identifying and driving strategic opportunities through organic and in-organic growth.
- Ensure timely, proper documentation by team-members at all phases of project lifecycle/as required.
- Influence peers, team-members, and individual contributors to help drive understanding, knowledge and insight on the right path forward. Hold others accountable for task and outcome completion.
- Ensure quality and safety in all products and processes. Oversee product testing.
- Partner with Operations to provide recommendations for product and manufacturability improvements.
- Ensure design processes are strictly adhered to, and each stage is being completed per quality and process guidelines.
- Provide technical inputs and regulatory inputs from statutory and standards requirements.
- Lead products through the external certification process
- Drive patentable new ideas and bring them to the attention of President and CEO.
- Senior Leadership experience working in a medical device industry.
- Experience in product management (hands on player/coach)
- Excellent personnel leadership, change management and ability to collaborate and influence cross-functionally.
- Investor in talent, addressing gaps and overall great people leader (within and across functions)
- Builder vs. maintainer. Knows what good looks like. Knows how to gain buy in and how to implement.
- Bachelor’s in Engineering, Product Development, or related field (MBA preferred).
- Professionally active in societies, professional associations, and networks