Senior Product Development Engineer Req#2021-25
Altimate Medical is looking for talented individuals to bring life-changing solutions to the individuals and clinicians who rely on our products each and every day. With the power to improve lives and care delivery through the design and development of therapeutic standing equipment, specialized imagining tables, shower/bath commode systems and chairs, Altimate Medical is committed to expanding our role in healthcare.
Together, we work to leverage the skills and talents of team members who are passionate about making a difference in the lives of others. As an Sr. Product Development Engineer you will use creativity, strong visualization and effective verbal communication skills to sketch, draft, design and share ideas around new products as well as needed improvements for Altimate Medical and ActiveAid’s medical device equipment. These designs must provide not only a high level of functionality for our end-users and caregivers, but also have a high level of esthetic ergonomics, ease-of-use, and also meet safety guidelines.
No visa sponsorship at this time.
The Sr. Product Development Engineer (SPDE) will work in a face-paced team environment serving the Durable Medical Equipment (DME) market. Duties will include gathering design inputs from all stakeholders, constructing phase-gate project plans with milestones/resource needs, creating initial concepts for feedback, fully developing new products and their components for market introduction, and ensuring proper engineering methods are applied throughout the process.
- Developing high level conceptual ideas based on a framework of customer requirement and mechanical requirements.
- Design mechanical elements, components, structures, and assemblies for Durable Medical Equipment
(i.e., rehabilitative equipment).
- Direct prototype activities where needed.
- Determining material selection, tolerances, finishes, etc.
- Follow phase-gate design processes and maintain detailed documentation throughout all phases of research and development.
- Conduct feasibility studies of the design to determine ability to function as intended.
- Partner with drafters and other designers to create new designs with proper documentation.
- Participation in design sessions and brainstorming, researching same-field product and competition.
- Support the UL and/or CE certification process of new and existing products.
- Partner with procurement to:
- source and identify vendors and components for incorporation into devices, and
- coordinate with outside suppliers to ensure the delivery of supplies or services needed to meet scheduled timelines
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent with preferred emphasis in mechanical design.
- 2+ years of active 3D CAD modeling experience. (Solidworks preferred).
- Strength in Industrial Design is strongly preferred. Design, elements, aesthetics, ergonomics, etc.
- Simulation (FEA) proficiency or prior experience would be a plus.
- Solid understanding of Design for Manufacturability and Assembly Experience with of equipment/consumer product design would be a plus.
- Mechanical aptitude and knowledge of materials, mechanisms, and various manufacturing processes is preferred.
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written. Must be able to articulate both actual and hypothetical complex ideas, well-rounded understanding of basic technical terms associated with design, engineering, manufacturing processes, and materials.
- Aptitude for learning and retaining new information, skills, industry specific material, etc.
- Team mentality, comfortable with taking direction and sharing ideas.
- Proficient in internet research. (i.e.- researching competitive product and organizing data into a meaningful format, spreadsheets, etc.).
- Project management and communication skills.
- Proficiency in basic computer skills. Word, Excel, etc.
- Organized, pays attention to detail, owns mistakes.