Product Designer/Drafter Req#: 2021-22
Altimate Medical is looking for talented individuals to bring life-changing solutions to the individuals and clinicians who rely on our products each and every day. With the power to improve lives and care delivery through the design and development of therapeutic standing equipment, specialized imagining tables, shower/bath commode systems and chairs, Altimate Medical is committed to expanding our role in healthcare.
Together, we work to leverage the skills and talents of team members who are passionate about making a difference in the lives of others. As a Product Designer/Drafter (PDD) you will design and develop new medical device products and their components. The focus areas will include new project-based product development as well as rework of existing medical device products used in clinics, physical therapy offices and homes both in the USA and abroad. The PDD’s work includes concept development, product design, documentation, problem-solving, simulation, optimization, and testing of mechanical components to full products.
No visa sponsorship at this time.
- Design/draft mechanical components, structures, and assemblies for Durable Medical Equipment such as rehabilitative equipment, using ideas gained from brainstorming sessions and under the guidance of design engineers. Projects may be both self-driven and assigned, depending on the project.
- Actively participate in design sessions and brainstorming, researching same-field product and competition.
- Follow the design process and provide the proper documentation as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associates degree in CAD + 3 years real-world experience.
- Solid knowledge of materials, mechanisms, and various manufacturing processes is preferred.
- Drafting. Proficiency in 3D (Computer Aided Design) CAD modeling is required, Solidworks highly preferred. Proficiency in another platform such as CREO which will transition quickly to Solidworks will be considered.
- Musts have knowledge of Geometric Dimension and Tolerancing (GD&T), Engineering Drawings, and Design for Manufacturing. Fabricating experience a plus, including building proof of concept and prototype models with a variety of materials and processes. Machining, welding, fabricating, 3D printing, cardboard construction, etc.
- Mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to read and interpret documents.
Skills to use personal computer and various software packages