The Powder Coating Specialist is responsible for processing parts in the powder coat painting process in a safe and efficient manner. The painted parts are utilized in the assembly of medical devices which the end user will rely on. The work requires attention to detail and quality.
The Powder Coating Specialists receive incoming parts and arrange parts in baskets for degreasing and final rinse. They sort and arrange parts on carts for painting, hang parts in the paint booth during the painting process, powder coat parts in a paint booth, and place parts on carts into ovens. They inspect products for quality standards and prepare painted parts for delivery to assembly areas.
- Lifting parts from boxes/carts that can weigh up to 60 pounds
- Pushing and transporting pallet jacks and carts. Requests assistance when needed as carts can weigh up to 750 pounds.
- Utilizes safety equipment and cleaning solutions to ensure clean parts
- Sort and hang parts
- Checks inventory levels
- Performs quality control checks to ensure parts are painted 100%
- Keeps the paint area clean and free of debris
- Maintains a safe work area
- High School Diploma or GED
- Ability to follow Instructions and work independently
- Ability to work as a team, assisting team mates as needed to assure efficient workflow
- Attention to detail and quality
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work in environment which contains paint particles and chemical cleaning tanks
- Ability to work in environment which contains large ovens; plant temperature can exceed outdoor air temperatures during summer months.
- Able to withstand moderate levels of noise
- Ability to stand and walk for majority of shift
- Position requires lifting, bending, turning, stooping, pushing, and pulling
- Position requires extensive use of arms and hands
- Please see the Physical Requirements Form