National Sales Manager – MPI. Req# 2021-03MPI
Company Overview: Medical Positioning, Inc. (MPI), based in Kansas City, KS is a subsidiary of Altimate Medical Holdings Inc. (AMHI). AMHI designs, develops, and commercializes durable medical equipment and is focused on improving and maximizing the wellbeing of our customers. AMHI employees strive to uphold our values of Quality, Customer-centric, Teamwork, Integrity, Innovation, and Community. AMHI is privately owned by Granite Partners, a mission-driven private investment and holding company that combines long-term business growth with a dedication to community well-being and their employees.
MPI was founded in 1988 as American Echo with the release of our flagship product, the EchoBed®. The first of its kind, the EchoBed® revolutionized sonography ergonomics, spearheading a specialty imaging table market with the introduction of a drop away section, known today as the Imaging Drop Section. This innovation allows for unhindered ergonomic access to the apical view during echocardiograms, reducing the risk of Repetitive Stress Injury (RSI) for sonographers, improving patient comfort, and facilitating faster, more accurate imaging.
Today, MPI’s product portfolio includes ergonomic and bariatric diagnostic imaging platforms designed to offer optimum positioning and improved imaging results across cardiology, vascular, radiology, breast biopsy, surgery, pain management, and speech pathology. With 20+ employees across all functions including Supply, Assembly, Finance, Engineering, Sales and Support, MPI provides an intimate, customer centric experience creating a distinct marketplace advantage.
This National Sales Manager (“NSM”) will be responsible for the execution of MPI sales plan. The NSM will take responsibility in identifying and hiring and/or engaging talented sales representatives and provide training and education to ensure the delivery of territory/regional sales quotas. In addition, the NSM will oversee new account identification, assist in maintaining existing accounts, provide in-service, and account training and education. The NSM will drive the collaboration efforts between inside sales support efforts and external account management. The NSM will help develop sales forecast, delivering their respective sales quota and manage the annual budget.
- Identify, recruit, select, onboard, and assist in managing sales representatives to drive regional sales.
- Partner with the GM/President in order to develop territory/regional sales operational objectives by contributing territory/regional sales information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews.
- Drive regional sales financial objectives; quotas; provides no less than monthly forecasting; prepares an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Develop inbound and outbound sales strategies to drive, manage and track sales pipeline across multiple channels, proactively following up on leads.
- Establish sales objectives by creating a sales plan and quota for districts in support of national objectives.
- Maintain and expands customer base by collaborating with inside sales; counseling commissioned representatives; building and maintaining rapport with key customers; identifying new customer opportunities.
- Develop strong relationships with KOLs within each region.
- Participate in educational opportunities; reading professional publications and maintaining personal networks in order to increase job knowledge and understand industry trends. Keeps the organization informed on trends, opportunities and needs of accounts.
- Work across functional teams to support organization processes and growth.
- Develop, drive and oversee the execution of the sales plan within each of the geographical territories.
- Coach, mentor, cultivate, and motivate Sales Team members to effectively maximize awareness of MPI products in order to achieve targeted revenue goals all while adhering to legal, HIPPA and company policies and procedures.
- Drive and Partner with HR regarding Talent Acquisition efforts through networking and recruiting efforts. Follows internal processes regarding interviewing, selection process, onboarding efforts, training, mentoring/coaching, and motivating employees.
- Bachelor’s degree with a focus on Marketing or Business Administration.
- 7+ year experience in a sales management capacity within the medical device industry.
- Sales performance as evidenced by quantified results is required.
- The ability to set strategy and lead are required attributes.
- Results driven motivator for sales representatives, territory management, other direct reports.
- Ability to garner comprehensive technical knowledge such that they can articulate value propositions and how MPI product can address customer/end user needs.
- Strong effective communicator and ability to present MPI solutions to therapists, hospitals, clinics, and customers/clients in an effective and persuasive manner.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain solid working relationships with internal and external referral sources geographically located within assigned territory.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to lead, motivate, and develop others in a positive manner.
- Knowledge of capital budget process in medical facilities.
- Ability to travel 70%.