Industrial Process Engineer Req# 2021-24
Altimate Medical is looking for talented individuals to bring life-changing solutions to the individuals and clinicians who rely on our products each and every day. With the power to improve lives and care delivery through the design and development of therapeutic standing equipment, specialized imagining tables, shower/bath commode systems and chairs, Altimate Medical is committed to expanding our role in healthcare.
Together, we work to leverage the skills and talents of team members who are passionate about making a difference in the lives of others. As an Industrial Process Engineer (IPE), you will use creativity, strong visualization and effective verbal communication skills to sketch, draft, design and share ideas around new products as well as needed improvements for Altimate Medical and ActiveAid’s medical device equipment. These designs must provide not only a high level of functionality for our end-users and caregivers, but also have a high level of esthetic ergonomics, ease-of-use, and also meet safety guidelines.
No visa sponsorship at this time.
The Industrial Process Engineer (IPE) plays a key role in continually working to understand, evaluate and improve the processes and procedures within AMHI in order to drive efficiencies, improve quality, cut costs and increase productivity. Primary focus will be on production (shipping, assembly, powder coating)
- Partner with key stakeholders to understand and evaluate current Production/Manufacturing/Shipping practices from A to Z and identify, drive and implement areas of improvement and efficiency.
- Partner with the Production Manager on scheduling practices, making changes and improvements where needed in order to maximize productivity.
- Partner with the Quality Manager to understand requirements in order to drive quality control and reduce waste.
- Evaluate employees’ tasks and responsibilities, identifying procedures or tools to improve productivity.
- Partner with key stakeholders in order to set priorities for organization on key Lean initiatives including:
- Review, evaluate and design effective warehouse and PC layout design.
- Merge ActiveAid (AA) assembly into Altimate Medical (AMI) assembly,
- Organize inbound shipments from New Fab to create efficiencies.
- Establish KPIs and ongoing reporting for all aspects of production, manufacturing, shipping utilizing NetSuite.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Engineering.
- 2+ years of process or industrial engineering. (Strong internship or Co-op experience will be considered.)
- Lean Certification and/or 5S Certification required.
- A proven ability to manage multiple projects and processes from evaluation, conceptualization to implementation.
- Ability to drive process solutions by working with key stakeholders across multiple functions including engineering, maintenance, production, shipping, IT groups.
- Strong skills in Office 365.
- Familiarity with NetSuite, SAP, or other MRP platforms.
- Strong communication skills with ability to gather key data, articulate and present to Sr. Leadership Team members.
- Strong project management skills and ability to detail the current state, conceptualize desired state scenarios, planning of project resource needs and milestones, and ensuring plans can be executed