Industrial Designer/Engineer (Products) Req #: 2021-23
Altimate Medical is looking for talented individuals to bring life-changing solutions to the individuals and clinicians who rely on our products each and every day. With the power to improve lives and care delivery through the design and development of therapeutic standing equipment, specialized imagining tables, shower/bath commode systems and chairs, Altimate Medical is committed to expanding our role in healthcare.
Together, we work to leverage the skills and talents of team members who are passionate about making a difference in the lives of others. As an Industrial Designer/Engineer (IDE), you will use creativity, strong visualization and effective verbal communication skills to sketch, draft, design and share ideas around new products as well as needed improvements for Altimate Medical and ActiveAid’s medical device equipment. These designs must provide not only a high level of functionality for our end-users and caregivers, but also have a high level of esthetic ergonomics, ease-of-use, and also meet safety guidelines.
No visa sponsorship at this time.
- Design mechanical components, structures, and assemblies for Durable Medical Equipment such as rehabilitative equipment, with a strong focus on aesthetics and visual elements.
- Manage assigned projects from concept through release for commercialization.
- Participate in the proof of concept and prototype modeling using a variety of materials and processes including machining, welding, fabricating, 3D printing, cardboard construction, foam construction, etc.
- Draft and sketch in 3D CAD modeling and/or direct others to complete CAD portions of projects based on customer feedback from clinicians, marketing, end-users, and care-givers.
- Actively participate in design sessions and brainstorming, researching same-field product and competition.
- Follow the design process and provide the proper documentation as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associate or bachelor’s degree with 3+ years of industrial design experience or equivalent.
- Experience in 3D CAD modeling a plus with Solidworks highly preferred. Musts have knowledge of Geometric Dimension and Tolerancing (GD&T), Engineering Drawings, and Design for Manufacturing.
- Good knowledge of materials, mechanisms, and various manufacturing processes is preferred. Aesthetic design will be an important element.
- Mechanical aptitude.
- Excellent interpersonal skills,
- Ability to problem solve and work within a collaborative and cross-functional team environment.
- Comfortable with projects that require design innovation.
- Skilled in visualization and drafting techniques.
- Skills to use personal computer and various software packages.
- Fabricating experience a plus.