Clinical Education Specialist 2021-21
Altimate Medical (AMI) designs and manufactures differentiated medical equipment that optimizes treatment outcomes and maximizes the health and wellbeing of the end-users. Since its founding in 1987, AMI and its EasyStand brand has led the standing industry with unsurpassed technology. AMI has since expanded its product portfolio and made several acquisitions of well-known and respected brands within the complex rehab technology market.
The Clinical Education Specialist (“CES”) will develop and present Continuing Education Unit (CEU’s) programs for therapists and suppliers who specialize in Complex Rehab Technology (CRT) and execute clinical education strategies. A key to this position is the ability to build AMI presence and the acceptance of standing in Children’s and SCI focused hospitals and therapy facilities.
- Create Continuing Education Unit (“CEU”) seminars for Clinicians, Complex Rehab Technology (“CRT”) suppliers and Assistive Technology Professionals (“ATP”).
- Train and utilize our ATP and SMS certified sales representatives and equip them to effectively present and educate targeted groups in their territories utilizing materials developed by the CES.
- Manage and lead the Clinical Advisory Board (CAB), training and equipping them to effectively present AMI/AA solutions to targeted audiences. Engage the CAB in writing (and reviewing) articles and advising AMI/AA on product development ideas.
- Work with the certifying bodies to gain approval of new educational programs and workshops.
- Present (CEU) seminars for Clinicians, (CRT) suppliers and Assistive Technology Professionals.
- Set up and communicate the yearly seminar schedule(s), and actively building a coalition of similar CRT companies in which AMI/AA can partner with (i.e. seminars).
- Partner with (CRT) suppliers/supplier groups such as NSM and NuMotion for supplier sponsored seminars in their areas.
- Partner with Marketing in creating and maintaining the education section of the company website.
- Partner with Marketing to create and maintain comprehensive standing educational programs for adults and pediatrics.
- Create, apply for, and present standing related workshops at peer reviewed conferences in the USA and abroad.
- Contribute to and write material for (CRT) related publications.
- Help recruit writers for (CRT) related publications.
- Create and deliver educational materials for use at in-services, national sales/other meetings,
- Advise Product Development on existing products and products under development.
- Assist with funding issues as they arise.
- Develop educational modules for company sales reps and international distributors.
- Assist with research projects regarding standing where needed.
- Update internal CRM database with contacts, discussions and commitments following each seminar.
SCI Rehab Management:
- Coordinate SCI activities between Marketing, Sales and AMI/AA reps
- Maintain and update CRM database of updates happening at SCI rehabs.
- Track, maintain, and evaluate EasyStand products in identified SCI rehabs.
- Create analysis process to track number of referrals from identified SCI rehabs.
- Coordinate in-service/educational opportunities in SCI rehabs
- Identify new and emerging trends in SCI rehab treatment.
- Bachelor’s, Master’s, or Doctorate degree or equivalent in Physical or Occupational Therapy
- Deep experience in the Complex Rehab Technology field.
- ATP/SMS certification desired
- Must have experience writing for CRT related publications
- Must have experience presenting CRT related seminars and workshops
- Knowledge of all company policies and procedures
- Knowledge of company products/processes
- Skills to use personal computer and various software packages (Excel, Word, Internet, email, CRM)
- Project management, leadership, communication/presentation, teamwork, result driven, problem solving, and analytical thinking skills. Oral and written communications skills.
(Internal training provided as needed)